Tuesday, September 13, 2011

beet cupcakes


Ok, so recipe number two for beet week is this recipe for beet cupcakes from Weelicious!. I know, Weelicious again? I tell you Catherine is amazing at putting together healthy unique little recipes that ALWAYS turn out perfectly! I really like her blog because it is kid friendly, healthy and fun! You should go check it out HERE!


Red Beet Cupcakes
I made 24 mini cupcakes and 12 regular size cupcakes with this batch!

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup vegetable
3/4 cup cooked beet puree
2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift the first 4 ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and combine.
5. Fill lined muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Cool and serve.

(the mini cupcakes took about 8-10 minutes to bake through)

These little cupcakes were delicious. Light, soft, moist little bites, with a great flavour, not too much of the beet but it went very well with the honey! I would make these again for sure! I didn't try the beet icing, but might get to that! I still have 7.5lbs of beets to get through =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...