When you have to cook on a budget and keep wastage to a minimum. Meatloaf is GREAT for leftovers! It also bakes well into portions for certain 6 year olds lunches and dinners!! These are easy to make and freeze well!
Cheesy Chicken & Vegetable Meatloaf
Original idea & base recipe from Weelicious!
1 zucchini, finely grated
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrot, finely grated
1/2 cup frozen corn kernals
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 sachet Bovril chicken stock
1 lb (500g) chicken mince
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray a nonstick mini muffin tin with vegetable oil cooking spray or grease with oil.
3. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and thoroughly mix together. Season lightly with salt & pepper.
4. Place about a tablespoon of the meatloaf mixture in the muffin pans and pack down with a spoon.
5. Bake until the mini turkey loaves are cooked through or an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
6. Cool and serve.
* This recipe can also be baked in a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and baked for 50 minutes.